- Coconut oil and baking soda teeth whitening review
- Coconut oil and baking soda teeth whitening before and after
- How to whiten teeth with coconut oil
1. Coconut oil and baking soda teeth whitening reviewBy Mere0322: Make your own
Applying this thick paste to your brush is nearly impossible and double dipping the scoop it came with is just gross. I decided to make my own, I used coconut oil, baking soda, peppermint extract and a little bit of olive oil to thin out the coconut oil. I warmed everything, mixed and put in a squeezy bottle. Wa-la, for pennies I have an easy to apply all natural toothpaste.
By Dan T: Love this product
Love this product, will be getting more. Wish it was a bit cheaper but still a great product. The benefits of coconut oil are real! Great for receding gum and/or fighting bacteria!
By Amazon Customer: Not a toothpaste for summertime
Its nice from what I have used. I have decided though, because it is so liquidy, and it is impractical for me to keep it in the fridge and then run downstairs to get my toothpaste each time I need to brush, I decided this would be my winter toothpaste. It does a good job of cleaning teeth, just not the right toothpaste for summertime.
2. Coconut oil and baking soda teeth whitening before and afterThe color of your teeth is primarily determined by the color of your dentin, the layer under the enamel. Enamel is semi-transparent. So if the sublayer is yellow, your teeth will seem yellow.
“Whitening” your teeth requires the the pigmented oil soluble pigments that found their way deep into your enamel and dentin, to be broken down into water soluble, transparent materials. This can be accompanied by “oxidizing” them using something like hydrogen peroxide (actually it is the perhydroxyl ion, an ionized form of it that does the trick). This can be done in the dentist’s office or at home over time.
So, I would not rely on coconut oil and baking soda to “whiten my teeth”. A “normal” toothpaste (with a higher pH than baking soda) will be more abrasive and will remove more stains (under the same conditions) thereby “brightening” your teeth.
3. How to whiten teeth with coconut oilHomemade Baking Soda and Coconut Oil Toothpaste Ingredients:
+ 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
+ 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
+ 7-10 drops of Peppermint oil (optional)
Mix baking soda and coconut oil in a small container, until it forms a paste like consistency
Add several drops of peppermint oil and mix (*peppermint is optional)